37.100.125 ADULT FOSTER CARE HOMES (AFCH): LICENSING PROCEDURES
(1) An applicant must apply for an AFCH license prior to the operation of such home or prior to the expiration of a current license.
(2) Application for a license upon forms provided by the department and accompanied by the required fee must be made to the Department of Public Health and Human Services, Quality Assurance Division, Licensure Bureau, 2401 Colonial Drive, P.O. Box 202953, Helena, MT 59602-2953.
(3) Upon receipt of an application for license or renewal of license, the department will conduct a licensing survey to determine if the home and applicant meet all licensing requirements for licensure as established by these rules. Within 45 days of receipt of a complete application the department will make a final determination of whether the home will be licensed.
(4) If the department determines that an application or accompanying information is incomplete or erroneous, the department will notify the applicant of the specific deficiencies or errors. The department will not issue a license until it receives all required information.
(5) Upon completion of the licensing survey, the department will notify the applicant or provider, in writing, whether they have met the licensing requirements. If the facility has any deficiencies that need to be corrected, the applicant or provider must submit an acceptable plan of correction within ten business days.
(6) Each applicant or provider must report to the department any changes which would affect the current accuracy of information provided on the application prior to the effective date of the change.
(7) If an initial application is denied, an applicant who does not meet the standards set forth in these rules can reapply when those standards are met.
(8) A provider must report a change of address to the department at least three weeks prior to moving. The department will then evaluate whether the new residence meets the licensing requirements before the provider may operate an AFCH in the new residence.
History: 50-5-103, 50-5-215, MCA; IMP, 50-5-103, 50-5-203, 50-5-215, MCA; NEW, 1985 MAR p. 289, Eff. 3/29/85; TRANS, from Dept. of SRS, 1987 MAR p. 1492, Eff. 7/1/87; AMD, 1989 MAR p. 2207, Eff. 12/22/89; TRANS, from DFS, 1998 MAR p. 667; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 1098, Eff. 5/23/14.