37.100.321 COMMUNITY HOMES FOR PERSONS WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES: PHYSICAL SITE REQUIREMENTS
(1) The community home shall be located to facilitate the use of community resources. If the home is not within walking distance of community shopping, recreational and other community services; transportation shall be available at no cost or an affordable cost to the resident.
(2) The design, construction and furnishings of the home shall be home-like and encourage a personalized atmosphere for residents.
(3) Each bedroom shall be limited to not more than three persons and shall include:
(a) floor to ceiling walls;
(b) one door which can be closed to allow privacy for residents;
(c) a minimal clear floor space of 7 feet x 9 feet shall be provided for a single bedroom; 13 feet x 9 feet for a double room; and 13 feet x 17 feet for a three-bed room. The space does not include closet space; and
(d) at least one window which can be opened.
(4) Lighting shall be available in all living areas as needed.
(5) A comfortable temperature shall be maintained.
(6) The building exterior and yard shall be in good repair and free from hazards such as protruding sharp objects, uncovered wells and cellars and yard maintenance equipment which may be used inappropriately.
(7) All plumbing fixtures shall be in good repair and properly functioning.
(8) Inspection of the heating system and hot water tank shall be made regularly.
(9) For community homes caring for wheelchair and/or other physically handicapped residents, the department hereby adopts and incorporates by reference the American National Standards: specifications for making buildings and facilities accessible to and usable by physically handicapped people. A copy of the specifications is available from the Department of Public Health and Human Services, Child and Family Services Division, Program Management Bureau, P.O. Box 202951, Helena, Montana 59620-2951.
History: Sec. 53-20-305, MCA; IMP, Sec. 53-20-305, MCA; NEW, 1983 MAR p. 1839, Eff. 12/16/83; TRANS, from Dept. of SRS, 1987 MAR p. 1492, Eff. 7/1/87; TRANS, from DFS, 1998 MAR p. 667.