37.104.301 AMBULANCE PERMITS
(1) No ambulance may be utilized by an emergency medical service until the department has inspected the ambulance; found it is, at the time of inspection, in compliance with these rules; and issued a permit to the emergency medical service for the ambulance. The department may issue a temporary permit, by mail or otherwise, until an inspection can be completed.
(2) The ambulance permit must be displayed either on or in the ambulance as the department directs.
(3) The department may revoke the ambulance permit at any time if the vehicle is no longer in compliance with these rules.
(4) The decision to deny or revoke an ambulance permit may be appealed to the department if the emergency medical service submits a written request for an informal reconsideration to the department within 30 days after the service receives written notice of the decision to revoke or deny the permit.
(a) If a timely request for an informal reconsideration is received, the reconsideration will be conducted within 30 days following the receipt of the request. Such informal reconsideration shall be conducted in accordance with the procedures specified for informal reconsiderations in ARM 37.5.311, and is not subject to the contested case provisions of the Montana Administrative Procedure Act, Title 2, chapter 4, MCA or, except as provided in this rule, the provisions of ARM 37.5.304, 37.5.305, 37.5.307, 37.5.310, 37.5.311, 37.5.313, 37.5.316, 37.5.318, 37.5.322, 37.5.325, 37.5.328, 37.5.331, 37.5.334, and 37.5.337.
(5) The decision of the department after an informal reconsideration conducted pursuant to this rule is a final agency decision.
History: 50-6-323, MCA; IMP, 50-6-323, MCA; NEW, 1989 MAR p. 2212, Eff. 1/1/90; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 1653, Eff. 6/30/00; TRANS, from DHES, 2001 MAR p. 2305.