37.106.1473 ASAM 3.5 CLINICALLY MANAGED HIGH INTENSITY RESIDENTIAL (ADULT)/MEDIUM INTENSITY RESIDENTIAL (ADOLESCENT) SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER FACILITY REQUIREMENTS
(1) To be licensed to provide ASAM 3.5 services as outlined in the ASAM Criteria, a SUDF must provide on-site 24-hour awake staffing and meet the following staffing requirements:
(a) a physician, physician assistant, or advanced practice registered nurse acting within the scope of the license issued by the Department of Labor and Industry available for consultation within 24 hours in person or by telephone;
(b) clinical director;
(c) licensed addiction counselors or mental health professionals in sufficient numbers to provide counseling and therapy services to clients with substance use and mental disorders as described by this chapter and in accordance with the clients' individualized treatment plans;
(d) a licensed addiction counselor or mental health professional must be on-site or on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week;
(e) care managers in sufficient numbers to provide services to clients required by this chapter and in accordance with the clients' individualized treatment plans; and
(f) rehabilitation aides in sufficient number to provide direct care support services as outlined in the clients' individualized treatment plans.
(2) Daily clinical skilled treatment services, in addition to other scheduled psychosocial rehabilitation services, must be provided on-site a minimum of 30 hours per week.
(3) The SUDF must provide recreational activities daily.
(4) The SUDF must coordinate transfers with other licensed health care facilities or correctional facilities.
(5) Coordination of necessary services (medical, laboratory, toxicology, psychiatric, psychological, emergency) or other levels of care must be available through direct affiliation or referral processes.
History: 50-5-103, MCA; IMP, 50-5-103, MCA; NEW, 2022 MAR p. 1889, Eff. 9/24/22.