37.106.1731 TRANSFER/DISCHARGE TO ANOTHER FACILITY
(1) A patient may be discharged and transferred to another facility pursuant to 53-21-111, MCA, at any time. Transfer protocols include but are not limited to:
(a) transferring facility will contact the receiving facility to determine if a bed is available;
(b) transferring facility will contact the receiving facility to determine if appropriate staff are or will be available to treat incoming individual;
(c) transport will be provided through appropriate medical means; and
(d) an individual's available medical documentation will accompany the individual to the receiving facility.
(2) A patient who has been involuntarily committed to a BHIF pursuant to 53-21-127, MCA, may be transferred to another facility if the court which committed the patient to the BHIF has issued an order to transfer or an order committing the patient to the other facility.
(3) A patient for whom a petition for extension of commitment has been filed pursuant to 53-21-128, MCA, may be transferred to another facility if the court in which the petition is filed has issued an order to transfer or an order committing the patient to the other facility.
(4) If an emergency situation exists, the patient may be involuntarily transferred for admission to Montana State Hospital without a court order in accordance with 53-21-129, MCA, until the next business day.
(5) The patient's medical information and commitment order must accompany the patient.
History: 53-21-194, MCA; IMP, 53-21-111, 53-21-128, 53-21-129, 53-21-194, MCA; NEW, 2009 MAR p. 1801, Eff. 10/16/09.