37.106.2821 RESIDENT APPLICATION AND NEEDS ASSESSMENT PROCEDURE
(1) All facilities must develop a written application procedure for admission to the facility which includes the prospective resident's name and address, sex, date of birth, marital status, and religious affiliation (if volunteered).
(2) The facility shall determine whether a potential resident meets the facility's admission requirements and that the resident is appropriate to the facility's license endorsement as either a category A, category B, category C, or category D facility, as specified in 50-5-226, MCA.
(3) Prior to admission, the facility shall conduct an initial resident needs assessment to determine the prospective resident's needs.
(4) The initial resident's needs assessment must include documentation of the following:
(a) cognitive patterns to include short-term memory, long term memory, memory recall, decision making, and change in cognitive status/awareness, or thinking disorders;
(b) sensory patterns to include hearing, ability to understand others, ability to make self understood, and ability to see in adequate light;
(c) activities of daily living (ADL) functional performance to include ability to transfer, locomotion, mobility devices, dressing, eating, use of toilet, bladder continence, bowel continence, continence appliance/programs, grooming, and bathing;
(d) mood and behavior patterns, sadness or anxiety displayed by resident, wandering, verbally abusive, physically abusive, and socially inappropriate/disruptive behavior;
(e) health problems/accidents;
(f) weight/nutritional status to include current weight and nutritional complaints;
(g) skin problems;
(h) current medication use including over-the-counter and/or prescription medications; and
(i) use of restraints, safety, or assistive devices.
(5) The department shall collect a fee of $100 from a prospective resident, resident or facility appealing a rejection, or relocation decision made pursuant to ARM 37.106.2821, to cover the cost of the independent nurse resident needs assessment.
(6) The resident's needs assessment shall be reviewed and updated annually or at any time the resident's needs change significantly.
History: 50-5-103, 50-5-226, 50-5-227, MCA; IMP, 50-5-225, 50-5-226, 50-5-227, MCA; NEW, 2002 MAR p. 3638, Eff. 12/27/02; AMD, 2004 MAR p. 1146, Eff. 5/7/04; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 1857, Eff. 9/24/22.