37.106.2839 ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL
(1) The assisted living facility shall provide a clean, comfortable and well maintained home that is safe for residents and employees at all times.
(2) A minimum of 10 foot candles of light must be available in all rooms, with the following exceptions:
(a) all reading lamps must have a capacity to provide a minimum of 30 foot candles of light;
(b) all toilet and bathing areas must be provided with a minimum of 30 foot candles of light;
(c) general lighting in food preparation areas must be a minimum of 30 foot candles of light; and
(d) hallways must be illuminated at all times by at least a minimum of five foot candles of light at the floor.
(3) Temperature in resident rooms, bathrooms, and common areas must be maintained at a minimum of 68°F.
(4) A resident's ability to smoke safely shall be evaluated and addressed in the resident's service or health care plan. If the facility permits resident smoking:
(a) the rights of non-smoking residents shall be given priority in settling smoking disputes between residents; and
(b) if there is a designated smoking area within the facility, it shall be designed to keep all contiguous, adjacent or common areas smoke free.
(5) An assisted living facility may designate itself as non-smoking provided that adequate notice is given to all residents or all applicants in the facility residency agreement.
History: Sec. 50-5-103, 50-5-226 and 50-5-227, MCA; IMP, Sec. 50-5-225, 50-5-226 and 50-5-227, MCA; NEW, 2002 MAR p. 3638, Eff. 12/27/02; AMD, 2004 MAR p. 1146, Eff. 5/7/04.