37.106.2899 CATEGORY D: CONSTRUCTION
(1) Category D services must be provided in a secured care unit and meet all requirements in ARM 37.106.316.
(2) A category D facility will be either:
(a) a stand-alone secured facility; or
(b) a separate, secured unit attached to a category A, B, and/or C facility.
(3) A category D unit attached to a category A, B, and/or C facility must have a separate entrance/exit and impenetrable doors used to separate the category D unit from the other units.
(4) The facility must devise a policy on how it plans to maintain security of the facility or unit.
(5) A category D facility or unit must have at least one seclusion room for every 24 residents. The room must meet the requirements set forth in ARM 37.106.2899H.
(6) A category D facility or unit must not use automatic door closures unless required. If required, such closures must be mounted on the public side of the door.
(7) All hardware and lights used in a category D facility or unit must be tamper-proof.
(8) All resident room doors must include a sight window.
(9) No more than one client must reside in a resident room.
History: 50-5-103, 50-5-226, 50-5-227, MCA; IMP, 50-5-225, 50-5-226, 50-5-227, MCA; NEW, 2022 MAR p. 1857, Eff. 9/24/22.