37.106.3022 EATING DISORDER CENTERS (EDC): DISCHARGE OR TRANSFER
(1) An EDC must have written policies and procedures for discharge.
(2) The EDC must develop a discharge summary for each client no longer receiving services. The discharge summary must include:
(a) reason for discharge;
(b) a summary of services provided;
(c) evaluation of the client's progress towards plan of care goals;
(d) level of care recommendations;
(e) specific recommendations for aftercare and follow-up treatment;
(f) contact information for follow-up appointments;
(g) medication education as needed; and
(h) the signature of the staff person who prepared the report and date the summary was completed.
(3) Discharge summaries must be developed within 30 days of formal discharge from services or within 90 days of the client's last day of service when no formal discharge occurs.
(4) A copy of the discharge summary must be provided to the client or the client's legal guardian.
(5) The EDC must have a written policy and procedure to share information about the client served to facilitate coordination and continuity when the client is referred to other providers.
(6) If during the course of treatment or services the client is transferred to a hospital or inpatient program, the EDC must provide the hospital or inpatient program with the client's current condition.
(7) The EDC must establish a coordinated transfer of care through a mutually established agreement with a hospital or inpatient program.
History: 50-5-247, MCA; IMP, 50-5-247, MCA; NEW, 2018 MAR p. 2214, Eff. 11/3/18.