37.106.421 MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR A HOSPITAL: NEWBORN NURSERY
If a hospital provides a newborn nursery, the nursery shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) The newborn nursery must be under the supervision of a licensed registered nurse on a 24-hour basis.
(2) An individual bassinet must be provided for each newborn.
(3) Each newborn must have separate equipment and supplies for bathing, dressing and other handling.
(4) At least one incubator must be provided in the nursery.
(5) Oxygen, oxygen and suction equipment must be available and adapted to the size of newborns. When oxygen is administered, the concentration within the incubatory and near the newborn's head shall be determined by means of a reliable oxygen analyzer. These measurements shall be recorded on the newborn's chart.
(6) Formula prepared in the hospital shall be prepared by terminal heat method using separate equipment furnished for formula preparation.
History: Sec. 50-5-103 and 50-5-404, MCA; IMP, Sec. 50-5-103, 50-5-204 and 50-5-404, MCA; NEW, 1980 MAR p. 1587, Eff. 6/13/80; TRANS, from DHES, 2002 MAR p. 185.