37.112.132 CLEANING AND ULTRASONIC USE
(1) All nondisposable instruments used for tattooing and body piercing procedures must be cleaned thoroughly with an appropriate soap or detergent and rinsed completely with potable water.
(2) Each establishment must have at least a one-compartment sink with hot and cold running water for the cleaning of instruments. The sink must be of an adequate size to submerge the instruments being cleaned, except as provided in (3) of this rule.
(3) Establishments that use ultrasonic units with heating elements to clean their instruments are not required to have hot water at the cleaning sink, provided the heating elements can heat the cleaning solution and maintain the temperature according to the manufacturer's specifications.
(4) An ultrasonic cleaning unit must be used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. An ultrasonic cleaning unit does not satisfy the sterilization requirements in ARM 37.112.131, with or without the addition of chemical sanitizers.
(5) Ultrasonic unit use, cleaning, dusting, or vacuuming is prohibited during times when clients are being tattooed or pierced.
History: 50-48-103, MCA; IMP, 50-48-103, MCA; NEW, 2007 MAR p. 351, Eff. 3/23/07.