37.14.1418 PARTICLE ACCELERATOR CONTROLS AND INTERLOCK SYSTEMS
(1) Instrumentation, readouts and controls on the particle accelerator control console shall be clearly identified and easily discernible.
(2) All entrances into a target room or other high radiation area shall be provided with interlocks that shut down the machine under conditions of barrier penetration.
(3) When an interlock system has been tripped, it shall only be possible to resume operation of the accelerator by manually resetting controls at the position where the interlock has been tripped, and lastly at the main control console.
(4) Each safety interlock shall be on a circuit which shall allow its operation independently of all other safety interlocks.
(5) All safety interlocks shall be designed so that any defect or component failure in the interlock system prevents operation of the accelerator.
(6) A scram button or other emergency power cutoff switch shall be located and easily identifiable in all high radiation areas. Such a cutoff switch shall include a manual reset so that the accelerator cannot be restarted from the accelerator control console without resetting the cutoff switch.
History: Sec. 75-3-201 and 75-3-202, MCA; IMP, Sec. 75-3-201 and 75-3-202, MCA; NEW, 1980 MAR p. 1069, Eff. 3/28/80; TRANS, from DHES, 1996 MAR p. 433; TRANS, from DEQ, 2000 MAR p. 189.