(1) "Department" means the department of public health and human services.
(2) "Discretionary income" is determined by subtracting fixed expenses from the total gross income or adjusted gross income from the most recent IRS tax return plus depreciation and voluntary retirement contributions which are deducted from the gross income on the tax return.
(3) "Financially responsible person" means a spouse of a resident, the natural or adoptive parents of a resident under 18 years of age or a guardian or conservator to the extent of the guardian's or conservator's responsibility for the financial affairs of the person who is a resident under applicable Montana law establishing the duties and limitations of guardianship or conservatorships.
(4) "Fixed expenses" means the amount determined by the department under ARM 37.2.703.
(5) "Income" means the amount determined by the department under ARM 37.2.702.
(6) "Liquid assets" means stocks, bonds, certificates of deposit, etc. which can be readily converted to cash.
(7) "Personal needs" means the reasonable cost of toiletries, newspapers, or other personal comfort items not normally supplied by an institution. The department will use the standards for medicaid guidelines as a minimum. The standards for medicaid guidelines are published in the Department Medical Assistance Guidelines Manual (see MA 904-1 and 904-3) . A copy of these standards can be obtained from the Department of Public Health and Human Services, Fiscal Services Division, 111 N. Sanders, P.O. Box 6429, Helena, MT 59604-6429.
(8) "Real property" means land and permanent attachments including trees, buildings and infrastructure.
History: Sec. 53-1-403, MCA; IMP, Sec. 53-1-401, MCA; NEW, 1983 MAR p. 302, Eff. 4/15/83; AMD, 1984 MAR p. 1367, Eff. 9/14/84; TRANS & AMD, from DOC, 1999 MAR p. 1300, Eff. 6/18/99; AMD, 2003 MAR p. 2440, Eff. 10/31/03.