37.30.901 STATEMENT OF CIVIL RIGHTS COMPLIANCE
(1) Pursuant to the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the regulations issued thereunder, the vocational rehabilitation services administered by the department will be conducted in such manner that no person is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination under the services provided on the ground of race, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, creed, marital status, or political affiliation.
(2) No person will on the ground of race, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, creed, marital status, or political affiliation be denied any services, financial aid, or other benefits provided through the vocational rehabilitation services or be provided any service, financial aid, or other benefit which is different, or is provided in a different manner, from that provided to others through the services.
(3) Employees of the department, or of other agencies or organizations participating in the vocational rehabilitation program, will not be assigned caseloads or clientele on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, creed, marital status, or political affiliation of the person being served.
(4) In making determinations of the types of activity to be included in the vocational rehabilitation services, geographical or other criteria or methods of administration will not be used which have the effect of subjecting individuals to discrimination because of their race, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, creed, marital status, or political affiliation or have the effect of defeating or substantially impairing accomplishment of the objectives of the program with respect to individuals of a particular race, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, creed, marital status, or political affiliation.
(5) The department recognizes that its obligation to conduct the services in accordance with the requirements of the law and the regulations extends to all activities arising out of the provision of the services which are conducted by other agencies, institutions, organizations, or political subdivisions, through contracts, or other arrangements with the department. This includes any activity supported with the aid of federal financial assistance or with the aid of any nonfederal funds, property, or other resources required to be expended or made available for the services to meet matching requirements, and also includes other conditions which must be met in order to receive the federal financial assistance.
(6) The department will make available to participants, beneficiaries, and other interested persons such information regarding the provisions of pertinent federal laws and regulations, and make available such information in such manner, as may be required by the commissioner of rehabilitative services administration to apprise such persons of the protections against discrimination assured them by law and regulation and will require the same from other agencies, institutions, organizations, or political subdivisions participating in the program.
History: Sec. 53-7-102, 53-7-203 and 53-7-302, MCA; IMP, Sec. 53-7-102, 53-7-103, 53-7-203, 53-7-302 and 53-7-303, MCA; NEW, Eff. 1/3/77; AMD, 1984 MAR p. 511, Eff. 3/30/84; TRANS, from SRS, 1998 MAR p. 2040.