37.34.1925 MEDICAID AND COMMUNITY SERVICES CHILDREN'S AUTISM PROGRAM 0667: CHILDREN'S AUTISM TRAINING, REQUIREMENTS
(1) The children's autism trainer provides hands-on training using evidence-based applied behavior analysis practice and methods. Training goals are outcome-based and progress towards goals is evidenced by training data.
(2) The training effort occurs where the child lives, attends child care, and/or socializes with peers. The bulk of training may occur in the child's home. Training may be delivered in group settings with same age peers or in one-to-one settings, based on the assessed needs of the child. The majority of training is delivered in one-to-one settings.
(3) The trainer must complete the training requirements as outlined in ARM 37.34.2107.
(4) The trainer receives training developed by the provider agency within 30 days of hire, which includes:
(a) abuse reporting;
(b) incident reporting;
(c) client rights;
(d) client confidentiality;
(e) first aid training; and
(f) any specialty training related to the needs of the children served as outlined in the plan of care.
(5) Trainers must take the college of direct support training provided through the department, including the modules specific to autism within 30 days of hire.
(6) Trainers assisting with medications must be certified in accordance with ARM 37.34.114.
(7) The employer shall maintain documentation verifying that a trainer providing direct client services has had an acceptable criminal background check in accordance with ARM 37.34.2102(2).
History: 53-6-402, MCA; IMP, 53-6-402, MCA; NEW, 2012 MAR p. 2085, Eff. 10/12/12.