37.34.605 FAMILY SERVICES: DEFINITIONS FOR STATE FUNDED FAMILY EDUCATION AND SUPPORT SERVICES
These definitions apply to state funded family education and support services.
(1) "Annual service agreement" means a yearly plan developed with a family to provide limited or follow-along family education and support services.
(2) "At risk" means a child, from birth to 6 years of age, who is at risk of a delay in development or of having a developmental disability due to environmental risk, established risk, or biological risk.
(3) "Biological risk" means a child who has a probability of aberrant development due to a history of prenatal, perinatal, neonatal, and early development events suggestive of biological insult to the developing central nervous system. The events, either singly or collectively, increase the probability of later appearing aberrant development.
(4) "Child education" means education that enables family members to conduct specific skill acquisition, stimulation, or behavioral intervention programs with the child.
(5) "Environmental risk" means a biologically sound child who has a high probability of developmental delay due to life experiences unless there is corrective intervention. Life experiences that may contribute to developmental delay include maternal and family care, health care, opportunities for expression of adaptive behaviors, and patterns of physical and social stimulation that are sufficiently limiting.
(6) "Established risk" means a child has a probability of developmental delay due to early appearing aberrant development that is related to diagnosed medical disorders of known etiology bearing relatively well known expectancies for developmental delay.
(7) "Family education" means education that enables family members to function as independently as possible in providing or obtaining services and supports for the child so that reliance on services is minimized or eliminated.
(8) "Follow-along service" means support coordination services developed and provided in accordance with an annual service agreement for one to four staff contacts per year.
(9) "Limited services" means services, supports and limited resources furnished to a child and family. Limited services are developed and provided in accordance with an annual service agreement. Limited services may include up to 4 staff contacts per year.
History: Sec. 53-20-204, MCA; IMP, Sec. 53-20-205, MCA; NEW, 1995 MAR p. 1136, Eff. 6/30/95; TRANS, from SRS, 1998 MAR p. 3124.