37.40.1485 HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES FOR ELDERLY AND PHYSICALLY DISABLED PERSONS: ENVIRONMENTAL ACCESSIBILITY ADAPTATION, REQUIREMENTS
(1) Environmental accessibility adaptations are modifications to a recipient's home designed to maintain or improve the recipient's ability to remain at home.
(2) Environmental accessibility adaptation services may include:
(a) modifications to a personal vehicle that allow the recipient to be more independent;
(b) the installation of specialized electrical and plumbing systems to accommodate necessary medical equipment and supplies;
(c) consultation regarding the appropriateness of an adaptation; and
(d) facilitation of the ability of a caregiver or service provider to maintain a recipient at home.
(3) An environmental accessibility adaptation must:
(a) be functionally necessary and relate specifically to the recipient's disability;
(b) provide for the recipient's access to the home environment and increased independence and safety in the home;
(c) be reasonably expected to promote the recipient's functional ability or the ability of the caregiver to maintain the recipient at home;
(d) be the most cost effective adaptation among the adaptations that are available to meet the recipient's needs; and
(e) meet the 1980 specifications set by the American national standards institute.
(4) Environmental accessibility adaptation services do not include:
(a) general housing maintenance, including but not limited to plumbing, heating systems, or appliance repair; or
(b) measures to facilitate leisure time activities.
(5) The department may require review and approval by a consultant for certain types of environmental accessibility adaptations.
(6) A recipient may only receive any one environmental accessibility adaptation once unless the department specifically authorizes the repurchase of an adaptation.
History: Sec. 53-2-201, 53-6-101 and 53-6-402, MCA; IMP, Sec. 53-2-201, 53-6-101 and 53-6-402, MCA; NEW, 1991 MAR p. 470, Eff. 12/14/90; TRANS & AMD, from SRS, 2000 MAR p. 2023, Eff. 7/28/00.