For purposes of this subchapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Act" means the Older Americans Act of 1965, as amended.
(2) "Administration on aging" means the agency established in the office of the secretary, department of health and human services, as part of the office of human development services which is responsible for administering the provisions of the act and whose address is North Building, 330 Independence Avenue, Southwest, Washington, D.C. 20201.
(3) "Federal department" means the department of health and human services.
(4) "Department" means the department of public health and human services.
(5) "Division" means the senior long term care division of the department of public health and human services.
(6) "Commissioner" means the commissioner on aging of the administration on aging.
(7) "Area agency" means the agency designated by the division in a planning and service area to develop and administer an area plan for a comprehensive and coordinated system of services for older persons.
(8) "Community focal point" means a place or mobile unit in a community or neighborhood designated by an area agency for the collocation and coordination of services to older persons.
(9) "Comprehensive and coordinated system" means a program of interrelated social and nutrition services designed to meet the needs of older persons in a planning and service area.
(10) "Indian tribal organization" means the recognized governing body of any Indian tribe, or any legally established organization of Indians which is controlled, sanctioned or chartered by the governing body.
(11) "Indian tribe" means any tribe, band, nation or
other organized group or community of Indians which is recognized as eligible for the special programs and services provided by the federal government to Indians because of their status as Indians.
(12) "Manual" means the state manual of policy and procedures for operations of programs under the Older Americans Act for the division.
(13) "Multipurpose senior center" means a community or neighborhood facility for the organization and provision of facilities for recreational and group activities for older persons and services including, but not limited to, health, social, nutritional, and educational services.
(14) "Planning and service area" means the geographic area served by an area agency.
(15) "Nonprofit organization" means a corporation organized under Title 35, chapter 2, MCA, in which no part of its income or profit is distributable to its members, directors, or officers.
(16) "Older person" means any person 60 years old or older.
(17) "Service provider" means an individual, agency, or organization awarded a subgrant or contract from the division or an area agency to provide services under the state plan or an area plan.
(18) "Federal fiscal year" means the period beginning October 1 of one year and ending September 30 of the next year.
(19) "State fiscal year" means the period beginning July 1 of one year and ending June 30 of the next year.
(20) "State plan" means the document submitted by the division to the administration on aging in order to receive grants from the state's allotments under the act.
(21) "Units of general purpose local government" include, but are not limited to, counties and incorporated cities and towns and other government units as may be established by law pursuant to Title 7, chapters 1, 2, and 3, MCA.
(22) "Area plan" means the document submitted by an area agency to the division in order to receive subgrants or contracts from the division's grants under the act.
(23) "Supportive services" means:
(a) access services such as:
(i) transporting older persons to and from community facilities and resources;
(ii) escorting older persons unable to use conventional means of transportation;
(iii) outreach to identify hard-to-reach older persons and assist them in obtaining services; and
(iv) informing older persons of the opportunities and services available and referring them to the proper service provider.
(b) community services such as education, information and referral, health, legal, advocacy, program development, counseling, health screening, residential repair and renovation, recreation and alteration, renovation, acquisition and construction of multipurpose senior centers;
(c) home services such as home health, homemaker, home chore; and
(d) services in care providing facilities such as placement, counseling, complaint and grievance resolution.
(24) "Nutrition services" means congregate and home delivered meals, nutrition education and shopping assistance.
(25) "Entity" means an individual, person or organization.
(26) "MCA" means the Montana Code Annotated.
(27) "District" means one of the multi-county districts established by Executive Order 2-71 and Executive Order 7-73.
History: Sec. 53-5-606, MCA; IMP, Sec. 53-5-601, MCA; NEW, 1980 MAR p. 1094, Eff. 3/28/80; READOPT, 1983 MAR p. 740, Eff. 7/1/83; TRANS, from Dept. of SRS, 1987 MAR p. 1492, Eff. 7/1/87; TRANS, from DFS, 1998 MAR p. 2279.