37.41.205 SENIOR FARMERS' MARKET NUTRITION PROGRAM (SFMNP): PARTICIPANT ELIGIBILITY AND BENEFITS
(1) A participant will be considered eligible for the SFMNP if the following criteria are met:
(a) the participant is a senior defined in ARM 37.41.202;
(b) the participant income is at or below 185% of the annual federal poverty level;
(c) the participant resides within the local agency area contracted to service the SFMNP;
(d) the participant submits a completed current year's application through the contracted local agency in their area; and
(e) the participant agrees to follow the terms and conditions of the signed participant application which then becomes the agreement.
(2) Acceptance into the SFMNP is based on meeting the eligibility criteria in (1)(a) through (e) and available funding.
(3) Eligible participants may designate a proxy to submit the application, shop at the farmers' market, or pick up their eligible foods from the contracted Bulk Purchase Program on their behalf, if the senior is unable to perform these actions. Eligible participants must submit a signed statement designating the individual as their authorized representative.
(4) The eligible participant may designate a proxy at any point during the program's period of operation.
(5) SFMNP funds are limited and benefits will be distributed on a first come first served basis. SFMNP coupons are subject to the following:
(a) SFMNP coupons are only valid from June 1 through the first week in November of each year;
(b) lost or stolen SFMNP coupons will not be replaced; and
(c) an eligible participant who does not receive SFMNP coupons due to lack of available funding is not entitled to an appeal or fair hearing.
(6) The participant who is denied or deemed ineligible for reasons other than those stated in (1)(a) through (c) and (5) has the right to appeal this action.
History: 52-1-103, 52-3-504, MCA; IMP, 52-3-102, 52-3-505, MCA; NEW, 2017 MAR p. 606, Eff. 5/13/17.