37.8.101 REGISTRARS, GENERAL
(1) The department shall provide to each county clerk and recorder the name, address and telephone number of the local registrars in that county.
(2) Each local registrar shall submit to the department and the county clerk and recorder the name, address, and telephone number of at least one proposed deputy registrar, who may function as a deputy after receiving written authorization from the department to do so. The deputy registrar may function as registrar when the registrar is unavailable.
(3) Each registrar must report to the department and the county clerk and recorder any change in the name, address, or telephone number for the registrar or the deputy registrar.
(4) Before resigning or retiring as registrar, a registrar must send the department notification of the fact and a recommendation for a replacement. A resignation or retirement will be effective the last day of the month the notification is received by the department. The appointment of a replacement registrar will be effective the first day of the month after the replacement receives the appointment letter.
(5) On the fifth day of every month, each local registrar must mail to the department all original certificates, (birth, death, and fetal death) filed with the registrar during the previous month.
History: Sec. 50-15-102 and 50-15-103, MCA; IMP, Sec. 50-15-103, 50-15-104, 50-15-105 and 50-15-109, MCA; NEW, 1981 MAR p. 1187, Eff. 10/16/81; TRANS, from DHES, 1997 MAR p. 1460; AMD, 2002 MAR p. 397, Eff. 2/15/02.