37.8.116 FEES FOR CERTIFICATION, FILE SEARCHES, AND OTHER VITAL RECORDS SERVICES
(1) The fee for a certified copy (photocopy or computer-produced) of a birth certificate, a fetal death certificate, an acknowledgment of paternity, or a delayed birth registration is $12.
(2) The fee for a certified copy (photocopy or computer-produced) of a death certificate is $16 for each copy, including any additional certified copies requested at the same time as the first certified copy.
(3) The fee for an informational copy of a death certificate is $14 for each copy.
(4) The department will charge a fee of $10 per name for a record search within any period of five years or less. If the record is not located, the fee will not be refunded. If the request is for more than five years, an additional fee of $1 per year over the first five years will be charged.
(5) The fee for providing record information for statistical or administrative purposes as allowed by law is $5 for each five-year period per name.
(6) The fee to process a finalized adoption or a rescission of an adoption is $25. A certified copy of the new certificate will be provided for a fee of $12.
(7) The fee to open a court ordered sealed file is $25.
(8) The fee for filing a delayed registration of a vital record is $25. A certified copy of the delayed certificate will be provided for a fee of $12.
(9) The fee for amending or correcting a vital record after one year from the date of filing is $15. A certified copy of the amended record will be provided to the person requesting the amendment or correction for a fee of $12.
(10) The fee for a search of the putative father registry is $10 per name.
(11) The fee to provide electronic copies of index files is $50 per monthly update and $50 for an annual update.
(12) The fee for producing aggregate statistics is $50 per hour for programming and processing if that processing takes more than half an hour's work on existing programs.
(13) The fee for a disinterment permit is $5. The local registrar will collect the fee, $2 of which must be remitted to the department.
(14) Overpayment of a required fee received in the office of vital statistics will be refunded if in excess of $5, and any overpayment of less than $5 will be refunded, if the applicant requests it in writing within one year after the payment to the department.
History: 50-15-102, 50-15-103, 50-15-111, MCA; IMP, 42-2-218, 50-15-111, MCA; Eff. 12/31/72; AMD, 1981 MAR p. 1188, Eff. 10/16/81; AMD, 1983 MAR p. 731, Eff. 7/1/83; AMD, 1992 MAR p. 143, Eff. 1/31/92; TRANS, from DHES, 1997 MAR p. 1460; AMD, 2002 MAR p. 397, Eff. 4/1/02; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 893, Eff. 5/21/16; AMD, 2019 MAR p. 2057, Eff. 1/1/20; AMD, 2021 MAR p. 926, Eff. 7/24/21.