37.81.310 INCOME AND FAMILY SIZE CRITERIA FOR BIG SKY RX
(1) Family income must be at or below 200% FPL to qualify for the program. Assets are not considered. Family income is the total of the applicant's income and the spouse's income if married and living together. For purposes of determining Big Sky Rx eligibility, the income items listed in this rule are included in family income.
(2) Earned income includes gross wages, net earnings from self-employment, payment for services performed in a sheltered workshop or work activities center, royalties, and honoraria.
(3) Unearned income includes Social Security benefits, veterans benefits, railroad benefits, public and private pensions, annuities, workers' compensation, alimony, child support, unemployment, income from a trust, net rental income, dividends, interest, and inheritances.
(4) Income tax refunds, assistance based on need funded by a state or local government, and small amounts of income received infrequently or irregularly are not counted. The income listed in (2) and (3) may also be decreased based on the adjustments stated in 20 CFR 416 to calculate income for purposes of Social Security Supplemental Income (SSI).
(5) The result of adding (2) and (3) and making any disregards of income provided for in (4) equals countable income.
(6) Compare countable income with household size to figure FPL.
History: 53-2-201, 53-6-1004, MCA; IMP, 53-2-201, 53-6-1001, 53-6-1004, 53-6-1005, MCA; NEW, 2006 MAR p. 336, Eff. 2/10/06; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 954, Eff. 5/9/08; AMD, 2009 MAR p. 2378, Eff. 1/1/10.