37.86.3601 CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICES FOR PERSONS AGE 16 AND OVER WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES, DEFINITIONS
The definitions of case management services for persons with developmental disabilities age 16 years of age and over are as follows:
(1) "Developmental disability" means a disability attributable to mental retardation, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism, or any other neurological handicapping condition closely related to mental retardation and requiring treatment similar to that required by mentally retarded persons if the disability originated before the person attained age 18, has continued or can be expected to continue indefinitely, and constitutes a substantial handicap of the person.
(2) "Developmental disabilities program" means the program of services administered by the department for persons with developmental disabilities.
(3) "Intermediate care facility for the mentally retarded (ICF/MR)" means a residential facility as defined at 42 USC 1396d(d) and licensed by the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services to provide active treatment services to persons with developmental disabilities.
(4) "Nursing facility" means a residential facility as defined at 42 USC 1396r(a) and licensed by the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services to provide nursing services.
(5) "Monitor" means periodic review of the implementation of services identified in the individual plan.
(6) "Individual plan (IP)" means a written plan developed with the client's participation for the provision and management of services in the least restrictive manner to recipients. The plan must contain:
(a) reference to all provided services including identification of providers;
(b) documentation of who was involved in developing the plan;
(c) long range services and goals;
(d) short term services and objectives;
(e) schedules for service initiation and frequency; and
(f) schedules for updating the plan.
History: Sec. 53-6-113, MCA; IMP, Sec. 53-6-101, MCA; NEW, 1991 MAR p. 1295, Eff. 7/26/91; AMD, 1994 MAR p. 3201, Eff. 12/23/94; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 496, Eff. 3/11/97; TRANS, from SRS, 2000 MAR p. 481.