37.86.4502 PROMISING PREGNANCY CARE - GENERAL PROVISIONS
(1) These requirements are in addition to those requirements contained in rule and statutory provisions generally applicable to Medicaid providers.
(2) For purposes of Medicaid reimbursement, providers must be a state-approved program.
(3) Pregnant members of Montana Healthcare Programs are eligible for Promising Pregnancy Care.
(4) The department must approve educational materials.
(5) A pregnancy notebook that includes personal health tracking and education materials must be provided to class participants.
(6) Data on all pregnant Medicaid members under the provider's care must be collected and reported to the department. The required data elements are available at the department's website at http://medicaidprovider.mt.gov.
(7) Classes must be provided in a group setting.
(8) Individual assessment will occur in a private area of the group space.
(9) Each class must include time for the participants to interact with other participants.
(10) The classes must be facilitated and have a planned learning objective.
(11) Participants must engage in self-care activities.
(12) The program must include the following information:
(a) nutrition information;
(b) healthy lifestyle choices;
(c) breastfeeding education;
(d) body changes in pregnancy;
(e) stress management;
(f) family planning;
(g) labor education, including types of delivery;
(h) newborn care;
(i) preventing shaken baby syndrome;
(j) preventing sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS); and
(k) postpartum care and adjustments.
(13) The program must include a participant satisfaction survey. The results of this survey must be reported to the department semi-annually. A sample survey is posted at the department's web site at http://medicaidprovider.mt.gov.
History: 53-2-201, 53-6-113, MCA; IMP, 53-2-201, 53-6-101, 53-6-113, MCA; NEW, 2017 MAR p. 2303, Eff. 12/9/17.