37.90.403 HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED SERVICES FOR ADULTS WITH SEVERE AND DISABLING MENTAL ILLNESS: DEFINITIONS
(1) "Activities of daily living" means basic personal everyday activities.
(2) "Community First Choice (CFC) and Personal Assistance Service (PAS) Programs are programs designed to provide long term supportive care in a home setting.
(3) "Institutionalization" means placement in a nursing facility, a mental health nursing facility, or a state mental health hospital.
(4) "Instrumental activities of daily living" means household tasks which are limited to cleaning the area used by the member.
(5) "Level of care assessment" means a functional assessment used to determine if an individual requires the level of care normally provided in a nursing facility.
(6) "Level of impairment assessment" means an assessment used to identify areas in which a member requires long term services and supports.
(7) "Member" means an individual who is Medicaid eligible.
(8) "Mental health professional" means as defined in 53-21-102, MCA.
(9) "Quality improvement organization" means a group of health quality experts organized to improve the quality of care delivered to members.
(10) "Serious occurrence" means a significant event which affects the health, welfare, and safety of a member served in home and community-based services. The department has established a system of reporting and monitoring critical and non-critical incidents that involve members served by the program in order to identify, manage, and mitigate overall risk to the member. For information pertaining to reporting a serious occurrence, see the SDMI HCBS Policy #305, located at: https://dphhs.mt.gov/amdd/HCBSPolicyManual.
(11) "Severe and disabling mental illness" is defined in ARM 37.90.409.
History: 53-2-201, 53-6-402, MCA; IMP, 53-6-402, MCA; NEW, 2012 MAR p. 1265, Eff. 7/1/12; AMD, 2020 MAR p. 1173, Eff. 7/1/20.