37.95.715 GROUP AND FAMILY DAY CARE HOMES, PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
(1) A written plan of daily activities and routines, in addition to free play, must be established. The plan must be flexible to accommodate the ages and needs of individual children and the group as a whole. It must be designed with intervals of stimulation and relaxation, and a balance between periods of active play and quiet play or rest.
(2) There must be developmentally appropriate activities for the children which foster sound social, intellectual, emotional and physical growth including:
(a) opportunities for individual and small group activities;
(b) time and opportunity for creative experiences for children through art, music, books, and stories, and dramatic play; and
(c) outdoor play each day except when precluded by severity of weather.
(3) The provider or other care-giver who is at least 18 years of age shall be on the premises at all times children are in care.
(4) Providers shall use appropriate forms of discipline.
(a) Physical punishment, including spanking or shaking and other forms of corporal punishment are strictly prohibited in day care facilities. Discipline shall include positive guidance, redirection and the setting of clear limits that foster the child's ability to become self-disciplined.
(b) Any punishment or discipline which is humiliating, frightening, or otherwise damaging, is prohibited.
(c) Parental or guardian permission does not allow the use of punishments or disciplines prohibited in (4) (a) and (b) above.
(5) Television or movie watching during the hours children are in care shall not be excessive and shall be limited to child-appropriate programs.
History: 52-2-704, 53-4-503, MCA; IMP, 52-2-731, 53-4-504, MCA; NEW, 1982 MAR p. 712, Eff. 4/16/82; AMD, 1985 MAR p. 2041, Eff. 12/27/85; TRANS, from Dept. of SRS, 1987 MAR p. 1492, Eff. 7/1/87; TRANS, from DFS, 1998 MAR p. 2881; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 2415, Eff. 9/8/00.