4.12.1019 REPORTS TO THE DEPARTMENT
(1) A public warehouseman and/or commodity dealer monthly report is required to be completed in full and filed with the Department of Agriculture (department) on a monthly basis. The report is due within 30 days of the end of the reporting month. Reports must be submitted even if no business has been conducted. These reports shall include the following information:
(a) all stored commodities in which warehouse receipts have been issued, including those held by Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC), producers, etc.;
(b) all commodities stored in each public warehouse in Montana including cash grain;
(c) all commodities for which warehouse receipts have been issued that are being stored in facilities outside of Montana;
(d) all commodities purchased in the reporting period except those contracted for future delivery;
(e) all commodities contracted for on deferred payment contract in which payment has not been made.
(2) A special report may be filed with the department in lieu of a commodity report. Special reports may be filed by: feedlot, poultry, dairy, swine, and dry edible bean operations. The special report is required to be completed in full and filed with the Department of Agriculture on a monthly basis. The report is due within 30 days of the end of the reporting month. Reports must be submitted even if no business has been conducted. The report shall include the names of producers, elevators or other dealers from whom purchases were made. The report shall include all information that is required of commodity dealers under this Grain Standards, Storage, and Merchandising Act (act).
(3) A grain movement monthly report shall be filed with the department by all licensed public warehouseman or commodity dealers licensed who ship grain. The report is due within 30 days of the end of the reporting month. Reports must be submitted even if no shipments have been made during that reporting period.
(a) Public warehouseman or commodity dealers having more than one business location shall submit separate reports for each business location.
(b) Public warehouseman or commodity dealers providing the department with internally generated computer reports shall comply with all requirements of this rule.
(c) The report shall include, but not be limited to:
(i) the amount of cwt/bu of agricultural commodities shipped;
(ii) the number of units (rail covered hoppers - rail boxcar - trucks) shipped;
(iii) the type of grain (winter wheat, spring wheat, durum, barley, oats, etc.) shipped;
(iv) the destination of shipment.
(4) A Montana wheat/barley assessment report shall be filed by the first purchaser, mortgagee, or pledgee, with the department, on forms prescribed by the department, within 20 days after the end of the month in which he purchases a grower's wheat or barley as required by 80-11-207, MCA. The information provided by the licensed commodity dealer to the department shall comply with the requirements in 80-11-207, MCA.
(5) An alfalfa seed assessment report shall be filed with the department by the first handler. The report shall be on forms prescribed by the department and filed within 20 days after the close of business for the month for which the report is being filed.
History: 80-4-403, MCA; IMP, 80-4-407, 80-11-311, MCA; NEW, 1986 MAR p. 1178, Eff. 7/18/86.