As used in this subchapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Adult" means a person 18 years of age or older.
(2) "Agency liquor store" means a liquor store operated by an agent.
(3) "Agent" means a person or entity authorized under an agency franchise agreement with the department to operate an agency liquor store.
(4) "Community boundary" means:
(a) in the case of an incorporated city or town, the city or town limits; and
(b) in other communities, the area identified by the United States Census Bureau as a community for census purposes.
(5) "Minimum qualified petitioners" means the number of adults who reside in the community, which equals 5 percent of the community population as determined in the most recently available census estimate for the community or 20 adults who reside in the community if 5 percent of the community population is less than 20.
(6) "New agency liquor store" means an agency liquor store that begins operation in a community that has not had an agency liquor store in operation for one or more years or is eligible for an additional agency liquor store.
(7) "Public hearing" is a public meeting to solicit public comments and is not an administrative adjudication between opposing parties.
History: 16-1-303, MCA; IMP, 16-2-101, MCA; NEW, 1987 MAR p. 1798, Eff. 10/16/87; AMD, 1993 MAR p. 2418, Eff. 10/15/93; AMD, 1998 MAR p. 2498, Eff. 9/11/98; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 348, Eff. 2/23/01; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 2631, Eff. 12/21/12; AMD, 2015 MAR p. 2162, Eff. 2/1/16.