The following definitions apply to this subchapter:
(1) "Account administrator" means, in addition to the definition found in 15-61-102, MCA, any person, partnership, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or corporation that acts as a third-party fiduciary to administer a medical care savings account and is either a bank, savings and loan, credit union, or trust company, a health care insurer, a certified public accountant, or an employer who is self-insured under ERISA.
(2) "Child" means a son, stepson, daughter, stepdaughter, or legally adopted son or daughter of the taxpayer.
(3) "Direct transfer" means a withdrawal of all or part of a Montana medical care savings account (MSA) that is deposited in its entirely by means of an electronic bank transfer or by means of check into another Montana MSA.
(4) "Last business day" means the last day of the account administrator's business year.
(5) "Inherited account" means funds coming from a Montana medical care savings account (MSA) of a deceased individual, inherited by an immediate family member and contributed to the heir's Montana MSA upon distribution of the estate or as pay-on-death beneficiary of the account.
(6) "Self-administered" means accounts that are administered by the account holder for their own benefit.
History: 15-1-201, 15-30-2620, MCA; IMP, 15-61-102, 15-61-201, MCA; NEW, 2004 MAR p. 1974, Eff. 8/20/04; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 1088, Eff. 4/30/10; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 178, Eff. 2/1/13; AMD, 2018 MAR p. 851, Eff. 4/28/18.