The following definitions apply to this subchapter:
(1) "Agricultural appraiser" means a person who has completed the necessary training and is certified to appraise agricultural and forest property in Montana.
(2) "Agricultural land classification/appraisal (ALCA) training" means specific training outlined by the department to meet the certification requirements necessary to appraise agricultural and forest property in Montana.
(3) "Appraiser Qualifications Board" means the federal regulatory agency responsible for establishing qualifications nationwide for fee appraisers.
(4) "Commercial appraiser" means a person who has completed the necessary training and is certified to appraise commercial property in Montana.
(5) "Failure to perform the appraisal work satisfactorily" refers to the work that is produced by the appraiser and is determined to be unsatisfactory by the area manager and/or regional manager. At a minimum, that determination will include areas such as:
(a) continued inability by the employee to complete the planned amount of appraisal work;
(b) consistently making errors in following the appraisal process;
(c) failing to consider all approaches to value; and
(d) inability to defend appraisal work before taxpayers and appeal boards.
(6) "International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO)" means the professional organization for advancement of appraisers.
(7) "Multiple certification" means holding more than one type of certification to appraise property.
(8) "On-the-job appraisal work" means conducting the actual work required to complete the job for appraisers who are new to a specific appraisal classification.
(9) "Residential appraiser" means a person who has completed the necessary training and is certified to appraise residential property in Montana.
(10) "Successful completion of the required training session" means satisfactorily passing the written examination conducted at the conclusion of the training session.
History: 15-1-201, MCA; IMP, 15-7-107, 15-7-111, MCA; NEW, 2003 MAR p. 804, Eff. 4/25/03; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 3101, Eff. 12/22/06; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 2219, Eff. 9/24/10.