42.39.121 LICENSED PREMISES – SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
(1) All licensees must have a written, proactive security plan maintained on the licensed premises that safeguards against theft, diversion, or tampering of marijuana or marijuana products both on the licensed premises and during transit, if applicable. The security plan must, at a minimum, contain the following policies or procedures of how a licensee:
(a) restricts access to the areas of the licensed premises containing marijuana or marijuana products to authorized persons only;
(b) provides for identification of authorized persons to be in the areas of the marijuana business that contain marijuana or marijuana products; and
(c) provides electronic monitoring of the licensed premises.
(2) A licensed premises must have only one single secure entrance to the building or licensed premises for public ingress and egress.
(3) A licensed premises must have a security alarm system on all perimeter entry points and perimeter windows, as applicable.
(4) A licensed premises must have a video monitoring system with cameras that:
(a) have a minimum digital resolution of 640 x 470 pixels or pixel equivalent for analog;
(b) record continuously twenty-four hours per day, or on a motion-sensor system, at a minimum of ten frames per second;
(c) are placed to allow for optimal identification of any person and activities in limited access areas; and
(d) are placed to record all entrances and exits to an indoor facility from both indoor and outdoor vantage points.
(5) The video monitoring system described in (4) must also:
(a) keep all recordings for a minimum of 60 days; and
(b) record images with clear and accurate date and time display.
(6) All monitoring system videos are subject to inspection by the department and must be copied and provided to the department upon request.
(7) Sections (3) through (6) will not be required until April 1, 2022.
History: 16-12-112, MCA; IMP, 16-12-101, 16-12-112, 16-12-202, 16-12-207, 16-12-222, MCA; NEW, 2021 MAR p. 1964, Eff. 1/1/22.