44.11.402 CONTRIBUTIONS, REPORTING
(1) A contribution becomes a contribution on the date it is received; or, in the case of an in-kind contribution, on the date the consideration is received by the candidate or political committee.
(2) A contribution received by check drawn on a joint checking account shall be deemed and reported as a contribution from the person signing the check, unless otherwise specified in writing at the time the contribution is received.
(3) In the case of property held jointly by a candidate and another, a contribution therefrom will be presumed to be a contribution from the candidate so long as the property was owned jointly prior to the time that the candidate became a candidate as defined in 13-1-101(5), MCA.
(4) A contribution shall be reported for the reporting period during which it is received.
(5) For the purposes of 13-37-226, MCA, the report required to be filed within two business days shall be filed as follows:
(a) it shall be electronically filed within two business days after the receipt thereof, to the commissioner's office; or
(b) if the candidate or committee faxes in a report and fails to file the original report with the COPP, the candidate or committee thereby acknowledges the signature on the fax has the same force and effect as the original signature on the report or statement.
(c) It shall be reported again on the post-election report.
History: 13-37-114, MCA; IMP, 13-37-226, 13-37-229, 13-37-232 , MCA; NEW, Eff. 1/1/76; AMD, Eff. 2/6/76; AMD, 1977 MAR p. 1245, Eff. 12/25/77; AMD, 1979 MAR p. 652, Eff. 7/1/79; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 2049, Eff. 10/12/01; TRANS and AMD, from 44.10.511, 2016 MAR p. 28, Eff. 1/9/16.