44.11.409 MONETARY DEPOSITS AND EXPENDITURES, ONLY THROUGH DEPOSITORY
(1) Any candidate or agent of any candidate or political committee who receives a contribution on behalf of a candidate or political committee shall, before the end of the fifth business day, transfer it to the campaign treasurer with full disclosure of the source, as required by 13-37-229 and 13-37-232, MCA, and ARM 44.11.404 and 44.11.407.
(2) All funds received by the campaign treasurer shall be deposited as specified in 13-37-207, MCA, except that funds received prior to and on the fifth day before the date of filing of any report shall be deposited and reported on that report.
(3) All expenditures shall be made by check drawn on the designated depository.
(4) All expenditures shall be drawn on the designated campaign depository by check, debit card, wire transfer, or other electronic means that clearly identifies the person receiving the payment, and no check or other withdrawal shall be drawn payable to the order of cash.
(5) All records shall be kept current and available for inspection as provided in 13-37-111, 13-37-208, and 13-37-209, MCA.
History: 13-37-114, MCA; IMP, 13-37-111, 13-37-205, 13-37-207, 13-37-208, 13-37-209, 13-37-226, 13-37-229, 13-37-231, 13-37-232, MCA; NEW, Eff. 1/1/76; TRANS and AMD, from 44.10.503, 2016 MAR p. 28, Eff. 1/9/16; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 253, Eff. 2/12/22.