As used in this subchapter, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Current address" means residence address or mailing address. For the purposes of this subchapter, an address is presumed to be current unless proved otherwise.
(2) "Election official" means an election administrator, election deputy, or election judge.
(3) "Election worker" means an individual designated to perform election support duties.
(4) "Elector" means an individual qualified to vote under state law.
(5) "Identification" for the purposes of registration means the following:
(a) a Montana driver's license number, Montana state identification card number issued pursuant to 61-12-501, MCA, or the last four digits of the applicant's social security number;
(b) if unable to provide the items in (5)(a), the following alternative forms of identification:
(i) military identification card, tribal photo identification card, United States passport, or Montana concealed carry permit; or
(ii) a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document that shows the individual's name and current address and photo identification that shows the individual's name. The photo identification may include a school district photo identification, postsecondary education photo identification, or any other identification that includes the name and photo of the individual.
(6) "Legally registered elector" means an elector who was properly registered prior to January 1, 2003, or one who registered on or after that date whose application for voter registration was accepted, processed, and verified as provided by law.
History: 13-2-109, MCA; IMP, 13-2-110, MCA; NEW, 2004 MAR p. 93, Eff. 1/16/04; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 1545, Eff. 6/25/10; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 169, Eff. 1/29/22.