As used in this subchapter, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Current address" means residence address or mailing address. For the purposes of this subchapter, an address is presumed to be current unless proved otherwise.
(2) "Election official" means an election administrator, election deputy, or election judge.
(3) "Election worker" means an individual designated to perform election support duties.
(4) "Elector" means an individual qualified to vote under state law.
(5) "Identification" for the purposes of voting by absentee and mail ballot means any of the following:
(a) the elector's Montana driver's license number, the elector's Montana state identification card number issued pursuant to 61-12-501, MCA, or the last four digits of the elector's social security number; or
(b) a readable copy of the elector's military identification card, tribal photo identification card, United States passport, Montana concealed carry permit, or a photo identification card issued to the elector by a Montana college or university; or
(c) any other form of readable photo identification with the individual elector's name together with a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, notice of confirmation of voter registration issued pursuant to 13-2-207, MCA, government check, or other government document that shows the elector's name and current address.
(6) "Legally registered elector" means an elector who was properly registered prior to January 1, 2003, or one who registered on or after that date whose application for voter registration was accepted, processed, and verified as provided by law.
History: 13-13-603, MCA; IMP, 13-13-201, 13-13-214, 13-13-241, 13-13-602, 13-15-107, MCA; NEW, 2004 MAR p. 93, Eff. 1/16/04; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 2671, Eff. 10/27/06; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 1545, Eff. 6/25/10; AMD, 2022 MAR p. 169, Eff. 1/29/22.