6.6.4211 REQUESTS FOR RECONSIDERATION OF CREDIT HOUR ASSIGNMENT
(1) A sponsoring organization may request reconsideration of the credit hours assigned to a course. Such requests must:
(a) be in writing;
(b) include any additional supporting documentation on which the request is based to include documentation to show how many blocks of 50 minute instruction are in the course of instruction; and
(c) be submitted to the commissioner within 20 business days of notification to the sponsoring organization of assignment of credit hours to the course.
(2) The advisory council shall evaluate any submitted requests for reconsideration, the original course submission, and any additional materials provided to support the request for reconsideration within 60 days of the submission.
(3) After evaluating the request for reconsideration, the advisory council may recommend to the commissioner to increase, decrease or maintain the credit hours assigned to the course. The council shall only recommend one credit per 50 minutes of instruction.
(4) The commissioner will review the recommendation of the advisory council and assign credit hours to the course.
(5) Increased credit hours assigned to a course by the commissioner will be granted to licensees who complete the course after the submission date of the request for reconsideration of credit hour assignment.
(6) After the commissioner decreases the credit hours assigned for a course, the commissioner shall notify the sponsoring organization.
History: 33-1-313, 33-17-1206, MCA; IMP, 33-17-1204, MCA; NEW, 1996 MAR p. 1661, Eff. 6/21/96; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 2134, Eff. 10/26/01; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 580, Eff. 3/28/14.