6.6.8401 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
(1) A continuing committee program for public participation shall be observed for each function of the committee. The exact mechanisms for public participation may vary in relation to the resources available, public response, or the nature of the issues involved.
(2) The committee shall provide continuing policy, program, and technical information at the earliest practical time and at a place reasonably accessible to interested or affected persons or organizations so that they can make informed and constructive contributions to committee decision making. News releases and other publications may be used for this purpose as well as informational discussions and meetings with interested groups. Efforts shall be made to summarize complex and technical materials for public and media use.
(3) The committee shall have a procedure for dissemination of information to interested persons and organizations. Requests for information shall be promptly handled.
(4) The committee shall have a procedure for early consultation and exchange of views with interested or affected persons and organizations on significant activity prior to decision making.
(5) The committee shall maintain a current list of interested persons and organizations, including any who have requested inclusion on such list, for the distribution of information. The committee shall, in addition, notify any interested persons of any public hearing or other decision making proceedings prior to decision making and wherever practical shall supplement this notification with informal notice to all interested persons or organizations having requested such notice in advance. The committee shall make available for public inspection committee meeting agendas and agenda materials at the office of the commissioner of insurance at least five days prior to a committee meeting.
(6) Committee files, other than personnel files and those files required by law or requirements of individual privacy to remain confidential, are open to public inspection. These files are located at the office of the National Council on Compensation Insurance, Inc. (NCCI), c/o Regulatory Assurance Department, 901 Peninsula Corporate Circle, Boca Raton, FL 33487-1362. Documents and information on the Classification Review Committee actions are available at the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, 840 Helena Avenue, Helena, MT 59601, or on www.csi.mt.gov. Copies of specific documents are available from the NCCI or the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance either free or for a reasonable copying charge.
(7) When the committee determines that a proposed decision or action is of significant interest to the public, one person shall be designated as contact person with the public on the proposed decision or action.
(8) The listing of specific measures in this section shall not preclude additional techniques for obtaining, encouraging or assisting public participation.
History: 33-16-1012, MCA; IMP, 2-3-103, MCA; TEMP, NEW, 1993 MAR p. 2225, Eff. 10/1/93; AMD, 2017 MAR p. 2182, Eff. 11/25/17.