8.22.3609 PICK THREE POOLS
(1) The pick three requires selection of the first place finisher in each of three specified contests.
(2) The net pick three pool shall be distributed to winning wagers in the following precedence, based upon the official order of finish:
(a) as a single price pool to those whose selection finished first in each of the three contests, unless there are no such wagers;
(b) as a single price pool to those who selected the first place finisher in any two of the three contests, unless there are no such wagers;
(c) as a single price pool to those who selected the first place finisher in any one of the three contests, unless there are no such wagers;
(d) the entire pool shall be refunded on pick three wagers for contests which do not meet (2)(a), (b), or (c).
(3) If there is a dead heat for first in any of the three contests, the pool shall be distributed as follows:
(a) in a contest in which contestants are representing the same betting interest, the pick three pool shall be distributed as if no dead heat occurred; and
(b) in a contest in which contestants are representing two or more betting interests, the pick three pool shall be distributed as a single price pool with each winning wager receiving an equal share of the profit.
(4) If a betting interest in any of the pick three pools is scratched, the actual favorite, as evidenced by total amounts wagered in the win pool at the close of wagering on that contest shall be substituted for the scratched betting interest for all purposes, including pool calculations. In the event the win pool total for two or more favorites is identical, the substitute selection shall be the betting interest with the lowest program number. The totalizer shall produce reports showing each of the wagering combinations with substituted betting interest which became winners as a result of the substitution, in addition to the normal winning combination.
(5) If all three pick three contests are canceled or declared "no contest", the entire pool shall be refunded on pick three wagers for those contests.
History: 23-4-104, 23-4-202, MCA; IMP, 23-4-104, 23-4-202, 23-4-301, MCA; NEW, 2000 MAR p. 953, Eff. 4/14/00; TRANS, from Dept. of Commerce, 2002 MAR p. 1500; TRANS, from 32.28.1809, 2015 MAR p. 2252, Eff. 12/25/15.