BEFORE THE BOARD OF NURSING
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the proposed amendment ) NOTICE OF EXTENSION OF
of ARM 24.159.301 definitions, ) COMMENT PERIOD ON
24.159.1003 through 24.159.1006 and ) PROPOSED AMENDMENT
24.159.1010 standards related to the )
practical nurse, and 24.159.1011 )
prohibited IV therapies )
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On February 14, 2008, the Board of Nursing (board) published MAR Notice No. 24-159-70 regarding the proposed amendment of the above-stated rules, at page 279 of the 2008 Montana Administrative Register, issue no. 3.
2. The Department of Labor and Industry (department) will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Board of Nursing (board) no later than 5:00 p.m., on April 4, 2008, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Mary Ann Zeisler, Board of Nursing, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513; telephone (406) 841-2332; Montana Relay 1-800-253-4091; TDD (406) 444-2978; facsimile (406) 841-2305; e-mail email@example.com.
3. It appears that not all individuals on the board's interested party list who receive notice via electronic mail received the copy of the notice. Therefore, in order to ensure that all interested parties are given the opportunity to participate in this rulemaking process, the board hereby extends the public comment period with respect to MAR Notice No. 24-159-70 to April 11, 2008. The text of the rules remains as originally proposed. Persons who have already submitted comments with respect to MAR Notice No. 24-159-70 do not need to resubmit comments as the board will respond when the board takes final action on the proposed amendments.
4. Concerned persons may present their data, views, or arguments to the Board of Nursing, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513, by facsimile to (406) 841-2305, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., April 11, 2008. Persons who desire a copy of the original proposed text may contact the board.
5. An electronic copy of this Notice of Public Hearing is available through the department and board's site on the World Wide Web at www.nurse.mt.gov. The department strives to make the electronic copy of this Notice conform to the official version of the Notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the Notice and the electronic version of the Notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the department strives to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems, and that technical difficulties in accessing or posting to the e-mail address do not excuse late submission of comments.
6. The Board of Nursing maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this board. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies the person wishes to receive notices regarding all Board of Nursing administrative rulemaking proceedings or other administrative proceedings. The request must indicate whether e-mail or standard mail is preferred. Such written request may be sent or delivered to the Board of Nursing, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513, faxed to the office at (406) 841-2305, e-mailed to email@example.com, or made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the agency.
BOARD OF NURSING
SUSAN RAPH, R.N., PRESIDENT
/s/ DARCEE L. MOE /s/ KEITH KELLY
Darcee L. Moe Keith Kelly, Commissioner
Alternate Rule Reviewer DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Certified to the Secretary of State March 17, 2008