BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the multidisciplinary health care provider task force review of statutes and recommendations involving physicians, physician assistants, and advanced practice registered nurses
NOTICE OF PUBLIC COMMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. Chapter 424, L. 2021 (House Bill 495) created a five-member Multidisciplinary Health Care Provider Task Force (task force) of executive branch representatives from the Department of Labor and Industry, Business Standards Division; the Board of Medical Examiners; the Board of Nursing; the Department of Public Health and Human Services; and the Insurance Commissioner of the State Auditor's Office. House Bill 495 requires that the task force submit a report of proposed legislation to the Children, Families, Health, and Human Services Interim Committee (CFHHS).
The Department of Labor and Industry, Business Standards Division (BSD) is the administratively attached agency. For additional information on the Task Force Charter and Written Plan, see postings under "Previous Meetings" on the DLI BSD website, bsd.dli.mt.gov/hb495.
2. The task force met September 28, 2021, November 18, 2021, and February 17, 2022, to consider all statutes potentially impacted by House Bill 495. The task force received oral and written comments regarding possible amendments to the statutes from stakeholder agencies, agency task force members, professional associations, and interested members of the public, both during and following the task force meetings.
3. The task force further requested information from stakeholder agencies (i.e., agencies with duties related to the selected statutes) on December 7, 2021, "to identify forms that only elicit the signature of a 'physician' but should be amended to reflect the ability of other health care providers to sign." The results of this survey were discussed at the February 17, 2022, meeting and are incorporated into the minutes, available on the DLI BSD website, bsd.dli.mt.gov/hb495.
4. During its last meeting, the task force reviewed and approved a final recommendation of the list of statutes and proposed amendments for a public comment period. The list, entitled "List of Statutes 02102022," may be found electronically under the February 17, 2022, meeting on the DLI BSD website, bsd.dli.mt.gov/hb495.
5. This notice is to elicit public comment on the list of statutes and proposed amendments. After the expiration of the comment period, the task force will again meet to discuss the comments and issue a final recommendation to the CFHHS.
6. On April 15, 2022, at 10:00 a.m., a public hearing will be held via remote conferencing to consider the proposed recommendations in the above-referenced list. There will be no in-person hearing. Interested parties may access the remote conferencing platform in the following ways:
Join Zoom Meeting, https://mt-gov.zoom.us/j/82198291451
Meeting ID: 821 9829 1451, Passcode: 955905
Dial by telephone, +1 406 444 9999 or +1 656 558 8656
Meeting ID: 821 9829 1451, Passcode: 955905
The hearing will begin with a brief introduction by department staff to explain the use of the videoconference and telephonic platform. All participants will be muted except when it is their time to speak.
7. Public and private agencies and persons may submit their data, views, or arguments to the public comment opportunity portal on the DLI BSD website, bsd.dli.mt.gov/hb495. This portal will allow commenters to easily identify items on the list and facilitate the department's summary of comments received. Data, views, or arguments may also be submitted in writing to Missy Poortenga, Department of Labor and Industry, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, MT 59620-0513, or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. All comments must be received no later than Friday, April 29, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
8. The department will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to submit written comments or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the department no later than 5:00 p.m., April 1, 2022, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation you need. Please contact Missy Poortenga, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, MT 59620-0513; telephone (406) 444-6880; Montana Relay 711; or e-mail email@example.com.
| || |
/s/ LAURIE ESAU
Laurie Esau, Commissioner
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Certified to the Secretary of State March 1, 2022.