BEFORE THE STATE ELECTRICAL BOARD
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 24.141.405 fee schedule
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On June 27, 2013, at 2:00 p.m., a public hearing will be held in room 439, 301 South Park Avenue, Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Labor and Industry (department) will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this public hearing or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the State Electrical Board (board) no later than 5:00 p.m., on June 21, 2013, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Jason Steffins, State Electrical Board, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513; telephone (406) 841-2329; Montana Relay 1 (800) 253-4091; TDD (406) 444-2978; facsimile (406) 841-2309; firstname.lastname@example.org (board e-mail).
3. The rule proposed to be amended provides as follows, stricken matter interlined, new matter underlined:
24.141.405 FEE SCHEDULE (1) through (4) remain the same.
(5) through (11) remain the same.
AUTH: 37-1-134, 37-68-201, MCA
IMP: 37-1-134, 37-1-141, 37-1-304, 37-1-305, 37-68-304, 37-68-310, 37-68-311, 37-68-312, 37-68-313, MCA
REASON: The board determined it is reasonably necessary to increase renewal fees as proposed to comply with 37-1-134, MCA, and keep the board's fees commensurate with associated costs. The board's licensee base has slowly decreased from a peak in 2007. In 2011, the board responded to comments made during rulemaking and raised fees by only one third of the fee increase as originally configured and proposed by the department. In providing administrative services to the board, the department has determined that unless the renewal fees are increased as proposed now, the board will have a shortage of operating funds by November 2013. The proposed fee increases will affect approximately 1,590 renewing licensees and result in approximately $90,750 in additional annual revenue.
4. Concerned persons may present their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to the State Electrical Board, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513, by facsimile to (406) 841-2309, or by e-mail to email@example.com, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., July 8, 2013.
5. An electronic copy of this Notice of Public Hearing is available at www.electrician.mt.gov (department and board's web site). The department strives to make the electronic copy of this notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the department strives to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems, and that technical difficulties in accessing or posting to the e-mail address do not excuse late submission of comments.
6. The board maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this board. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies the person who wishes to receive notices regarding all board administrative rulemaking proceedings or other administrative proceedings. The request must indicate whether e-mail or standard mail is preferred. Such written request may be sent or delivered to the State Electrical Board, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513; faxed to the office at (406) 841-2309; e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the agency.
7. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
8. Anne O'Leary, attorney, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
STATE ELECTRICAL BOARD
RICK HUTCHINSON, MASTER
/s/ DARCEE L. MOE /s/ PAM BUCY
Darcee L. Moe Pam Bucy, Commissioner
Rule Reviewer DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Certified to the Secretary of State May 28, 2013