BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 4.12.1308 pertaining to an exterior plant health quarantine for Japanese beetle
NOTICE OF EXTENSION OF COMMENT PERIOD ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On May 9, 2013 the Department of Agriculture published MAR Notice No. 4-14-212 pertaining to the notice of public hearing on the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule at page 739 of the 2013 Montana Administrative Register, Issue Number 9.
2. A public hearing was held at the Department of Agriculture on May 29, 2013. At the hearing, a comment was received stating the quarantine rule MTQ-2013-01 relating to the ARM 4.12.1308 was not distributed with the notification of the proposed amendment to all interested parties. The department will extend the comment period to allow distribution of the new quarantine rule to the interested parties, and allow a significant period for the public and interested parties to view the quarantine rule and allow more time to provide comment. An electronic copy of the amendment and quarantine rule may be viewed on the department′s web site at http://agr.mt.gov/agr/About/ARMchanges. Comments already received will be addressed during the adoption process of this rulemaking and, therefore, resubmission of those comments is not necessary.
3. On July 11, 2013 at 2:00 p.m., the department will hold a second public hearing in Room 225 of the Scott Hart Building, at Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment and to receive any new comments on the above-stated rule.
4. The Department of Agriculture will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact Department of Agriculture no later than 5:00 p.m. on July 8, 2013, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Cort Jensen, Department of Agriculture, 302 N Roberts, Helena, Montana, 59601; telephone (406) 444-3144; fax (406) 444-5409; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to : Cort Jensen, Department of Agriculture, 302 N Roberts, Helena, Montana, 59601; telephone (406) 444-3144; fax (406) 444-5409; or e-mail email@example.com, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., July 22, 2013.
/s/ Cort Jensen /s/ Ron de Yong
Cort Jensen Ron de Yong
Rule Reviewer Director
Department of Agriculture
Certified to the Secretary of State June 10, 2013.