BEFORE THE SECRETARY OF STATE
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 1.3.307 pertaining to rulemaking notice requirements
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On September 12, 2013, at 9:30 a.m., the Secretary of State will hold a public hearing in the Secretary of State's Conference Room, Room 260, State Capitol Building, Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Secretary of State will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Secretary of State no later than 5:00 p.m. on September 5, 2013, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Jorge Quintana, Secretary of State's Office, P.O. Box 202801, Helena, MT 59620-2801; telephone (406) 461-5173; fax (406) 444-4249; TDD/Montana Relay Service (406) 444-9068; or e-mail email@example.com.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
1.3.307 RULEMAKING, INTRODUCTION
(1) through (4)(a) remain the same.
(b) Notice of proposed agency action. See ARM 1.3.309 regarding the following components:
(i) notice in the register;
(ii) contact with sponsor as required;
(iii) notice to interested persons;
(iv) statement of reasonable necessity for the proposed action
(v) beginning on July 1, 2013, and ending on July 1, 2015, a statement as to whether a proposed rule significantly and directly impacts small businesses.
(c) through (7) remain the same.
AUTH: 2-4-202, 2-15-401, MCA
IMP: Ch. 318, Sec. 1, L. 2013, 2-4-202, 2-4-302, 2-4-303, 2-4-305, MCA
REASON: The amendments to (4)(b) are reasonably necessary to implement the requirements imposed on state agencies by the 2013 Legislature to include a determination of a proposed rule's impact on small businesses in the Montana Administrative Register. The implementation citations were reviewed and updated.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to: Jorge Quintana, Secretary of State's Office, P.O. Box 202801, Helena, Montana 59620-2801; telephone (406) 461-5173; fax (406) 444-4249; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., September 20, 2013.
5. Jorge Quintana, Secretary of State's Office, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
6. The Secretary of State maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this agency. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies for which program the person wishes to receive notices. Notices will be sent by e-mail unless a mailing preference is noted in the request. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to the contact person in 4 above or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the Secretary of State.
7. An electronic copy of this proposal notice is available through the Secretary of State's web site at http://sos.mt.gov/ARM/Register. The Secretary of State strives to make the electronic copy of the notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the Secretary of State works to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, apply and have been fulfilled. The primary bill sponsor was contacted by U.S. mail on August 7, 2013.
9. With regard to the requirements of Chapter 318, Section 1, Laws of 2013, the Secretary of State has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ JORGE QUINTANA /s/ LINDA MCCULLOCH
Jorge Quintana Linda McCulloch
Rule Reviewer Secretary of State
Dated this 12th day of August, 2013.