BEFORE THE BOARD OF SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGISTS
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 24.222.401 fees
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On December 1, 2014, at 10:00 a.m., a public hearing will be held in the Small Conference Room, 4th Floor, 301 South Park Avenue, Helena, Montana, to consider the proposed amendment of the above-stated rule.
2. The Department of Labor and Industry (department) will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this public hearing or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the Board of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists no later than 5:00 p.m., on November 24, 2014, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Cyndi Reichenbach, Board of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513; telephone (406) 841-2392; Montana Relay 1 (800) 253-4091; TDD (406) 444-2978; facsimile (406) 841-2305; or firstname.lastname@example.org (board e-mail).
3. The rule proposed to be amended provides as follows, stricken matter interlined, new matter underlined:
24.222.401 FEES (1) Fees are payable to the
Board of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists board. The board assumes no responsibility for loss in transit of such remittances. All fees are nonrefundable.
(2) The board has established the following fees:
Application Combined application and original license fee for speech-language pathologist and/or audiologist $ 50 350
(b) Original license fee for speech-language pathologist and/or audiologist 50
(c) (b) Renewal fee for speech-language pathologist and/or audiologist 100 200
(d) (c) Placement or renewal of a license on inactive status for a speech-language pathologist and/or audiologist 50 100
(e) and (f) remain the same but are renumbered (d) and (e).
(3) remains the same.
AUTH: 37-1-134, 37-15-202, MCA
IMP: 37-1-134, 37-1-141, 37-15-307, MCA
REASON: The board has determined that it is reasonably necessary to make the proposed fee changes to comply with the provisions of 37-1-134, MCA, and keep the board's fees commensurate with program costs. In providing administrative services to the board, the department has determined that unless the licensure and renewal fees are increased as proposed, the board will have a shortage of operating funds by the 2015 licensure renewal period. The board estimates that approximately 522 persons will be affected by the proposed fee changes, resulting in a $59,300 increase in annual revenue. The board last increased fees in 2002.
4. Concerned persons may present their data, views, or arguments either orally or in writing at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments may also be submitted to the Board of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513, by facsimile to (406) 841-2305, or e-mail to email@example.com, and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., December 5, 2014.
5. An electronic copy of this notice of public hearing is available at www.slpaud.mt.gov (department and board's web site). The department strives to make the electronic copy of this notice conform to the official version of the notice, as printed in the Montana Administrative Register, but advises all concerned persons that in the event of a discrepancy between the official printed text of the notice and the electronic version of the notice, only the official printed text will be considered. In addition, although the department strives to keep its web site accessible at all times, concerned persons should be aware that the web site may be unavailable during some periods, due to system maintenance or technical problems, and that technical difficulties in accessing or posting to the e-mail address do not excuse late submission of comments.
6. The board maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by this board. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request that includes the name, e-mail, and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies that the person wishes to receive notices regarding all board administrative rulemaking proceedings or other administrative proceedings. The request must indicate whether e-mail or standard mail is preferred. Such written request may be sent or delivered to the Board of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513; faxed to the office at (406) 841-2305; e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the agency.
7. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
8. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the board has determined that the amendment of ARM 24.222.401 will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
Documentation of the board's above-stated determination is available upon request to the Board of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists, 301 South Park Avenue, P.O. Box 200513, Helena, Montana 59620-0513; telephone (406) 841-2392; facsimile (406) 841-2305; or e-mail email@example.com.
9. Darcee Moe, attorney, has been designated to preside over and conduct this hearing.
Board of Speech-Language Pathologists
Lynn Harris, AuD, Chair
/s/ DARCEE L. MOE /s/ PAM BUCY
Darcee L. Moe Pam Bucy, Commissioner
Rule Reviewer DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Certified to the Secretary of State October 27, 2014