BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT
OF PUBLIC SERVICE REGULATION
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the proposed ) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
amendment of ARM 38.5.2202 and ) ON PROPOSED AMENDMENT
38.5.2302, pertaining to pipeline )
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On November 27, 2007, at 1:30 p.m., a public hearing will be held in the Bollinger Room, Public Service Commission (PSC) offices, 1701 Prospect Avenue, Helena, Montana, to consider the amendment of the above-stated rules.
2. The commission will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this public hearing or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the PSC no later than 5:00 p.m. on November 20, 2007, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Connie Jones, PSC Secretary, 1701 Prospect Avenue, P.O. Box 202601, Helena, Montana 59620-2601, telephone number (406) 444-6170, TTD number (406) 444-6199, fax number (406) 444-7618, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The rules proposed to be amended provide as follows, stricken matter interlined, new matter underlined:
38.5.2202 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF FEDERAL PIPELINE SAFETY REGULATIONS (1) The commission adopts and incorporates by reference the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Pipeline Safety Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 49, chapter 1, subchapter D, parts 191, 192, and 193, including all revisions and amendments enacted by DOT on or before
October 31, 2006 October 31, 2007. A copy of the referenced regulations may be obtained from United States Department of Transportation, Office of Pipeline Safety, Western Region, 12300 West Dakota Avenue, Suite 110, Lakewood, Colorado 80228, or may be reviewed at the Public Service Commission Offices, 1701 Prospect Avenue, Helena, Montana 59620-2601.
AUTH: 69-3-207, MCA
IMP: 69-3-207, MCA
38.5.2302 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF FEDERAL PIPELINE SAFETY REGULATIONS -- DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS (1) Except as otherwise provided in this subchapter, the commission adopts and incorporates by reference the DOT Pipeline Safety Regulations, Drug and Alcohol Testing, 49 CFR 199, including all revisions and amendments enacted by DOT on or before
October 31, 2006 October 31, 2007. A copy of the referenced CFRs is available from the United States Department of Transportation, Office of Pipeline Safety, Western Region, 12300 West Dakota Avenue, Suite 110, Lakewood, Colorado 80228, or may be reviewed at the Public Service Commission Offices, 1701 Prospect Avenue, Helena, Montana 59620-2601.
AUTH: 69-3-207, MCA
IMP: 69-3-207, MCA
4. Amendment (annual update) of ARM 38.5.2202 and 38.5.2302 is necessary to allow the PSC to administer the most recent version of federal rules applicable in the PSC's administration of all federal aspects of Montana's pipeline safety programs.
5. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments, either orally or in writing, at the hearing. Written data, views, or arguments (original and ten copies) may also be submitted to Legal Division, Public Service Commission, 1701 Prospect Avenue, P.O. Box 202601, Helena, Montana 59620-2601, and must be received no later than November 27, 2007, or may be submitted to the PSC through the PSC's web-based comment form at http://psc.mt.gov (go to "consumer assistance," "talk to us," "pending proceeding comments," then complete and submit the form) no later than November 27, 2007. (PLEASE NOTE: When filing comments pursuant to this notice please reference "Docket No. L-07.10.3-RUL.")
6. The PSC, a commissioner, or a duly appointed presiding officer may preside over and conduct the hearing.
7. The Montana Consumer Counsel, 616 Helena Avenue, P.O. Box 201703, Helena, Montana 59620-1703, phone (406) 444-2771, is available and may be contacted to represent consumer interests in this matter.
8. The PSC maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notices of rulemaking actions proposed by the PSC. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make a written request which includes the name and mailing address of the person to receive notices and specifies that the person wishes to receive notices regarding: electric utilities, providers, and suppliers; natural gas utilities, providers, and suppliers; telecommunications utilities and carriers; water and sewer utilities; common carrier pipelines, motor carriers, and rail carriers; and administrative procedures. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to Public Service Commission, Legal Division, 1701 Prospect Avenue, P.O. Box 202601, Helena, Montana 59620-2601, faxed to Connie Jones at (406) 444-7618, e-mailed to email@example.com, or may be made by completing a request form at any rules hearing held by the PSC.
9. The bill sponsor notice requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
/s/ Greg Jergeson
Greg Jergeson, Chairman
Public Service Commission
/s/ Robin A. McHugh
Reviewed by Robin A. McHugh
Certified to the Secretary of State, October 15, 2007.