BEFORE THE DEPARTMENT OF FISH, WILDLIFE AND PARKS
OF THE STATE OF MONTANA
In the matter of the amendment of ARM 12.5.709 pertaining to the Pilot Program for Aquatic Invasive Species in the Flathead Basin
NOTICE OF PROPOSED AMENDMENT
NO PUBLIC HEARING CONTEMPLATED
TO: All Concerned Persons
1. On February 4, 2020, the Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks (department) proposes to amend the above-stated rule.
2. The department will make reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities who wish to participate in this rulemaking process or need an alternative accessible format of this notice. If you require an accommodation, contact the department no later than January 10, 2020, to advise us of the nature of the accommodation that you need. Please contact Kaedy Gangstad, Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, Montana, 59620-0701; telephone (406) 444-4594; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The rule as proposed to be amended provides as follows, new matter underlined, deleted matter interlined:
12.5.709 PILOT PROGRAM FOR FLATHEAD BASIN (1) through (3) remain the same.
(4) This rule expires March 31, 2020.
AUTH: 80-7-1007, 80-7-1010, MCA
IMP: 80-7-1008, 80-7-1010, 80-7-1011, MCA
REASON: The current mandatory inspection before launch rule for the Flathead Basin is scheduled to expire March 31, 2020. The program has been very successful and is supported by CSKT and other local stakeholders. The department is proposing to remove the expiration date and continue the program indefinitely.
4. Concerned persons may submit their data, views, or arguments concerning the proposed action in writing to: Tom Woolf, Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, Montana, 59620-0701; or e-mail Thomas.Woolf@mt.gov, and must be received no later than January 24, 2020.
5. If persons who are directly affected by the proposed action wish to express their data, views, or arguments orally or in writing at a public hearing, they must make written request for a hearing and submit this request along with any written comments to Tom Woolf at the above address no later than 5:00 p.m., January 24, 2020.
6. If the agency receives requests for a public hearing on the proposed action from either 10 percent or 25, whichever is less, of the persons directly affected by the proposed action; from the appropriate administrative rule review committee of the Legislature; from a governmental subdivision or agency; or from an association having not less than 25 members who will be directly affected, a hearing will be held at a later date. Notice of the hearing will be published in the Montana Administrative Register. Ten percent of those directly affected has been determined to be more than 25 persons based on the number of water-based recreationists that utilize the Flathead Basin.
7. The department maintains a list of interested persons who wish to receive notice of rulemaking actions proposed by the department or commission. Persons who wish to have their name added to the list shall make written request that includes the name and mailing address of the person to receive the notice and specifies the subject or subjects about which the person wishes to receive notice. Such written request may be mailed or delivered to Fish, Wildlife and Parks, Legal Unit, P.O. Box 200701, 1420 East Sixth Avenue, Helena, MT 59620-0701, or may be made by completing the request form at any rules hearing held by the department.
8. The bill sponsor contact requirements of 2-4-302, MCA, do not apply.
9. With regard to the requirements of 2-4-111, MCA, the department has determined that the amendment of the above-referenced rule will not significantly and directly impact small businesses.
/s/ Aimee Hawkaluk /s/ Martha Williams
Aimee Hawkaluk Martha Williams
Rule Reviewer Director
Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks
Certified to the Secretary of State December 17, 2019.