In addition to the definitions found in 90-1-403, MCA, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Available grant funds" means the balance of the Montana land information account on March 31 of each fiscal year, plus an estimate of not-yet-deposited state funds held by counties as of that date, less the state library's budget associated with duties and responsibilities defined in 90-1-404, MCA, for the fiscal year and any funds committed to grants.
(2) "Grant criteria" mean any specific grant conditions set forth by the state library, with the advice of the council, pertaining to subject matter of grant applications, applicable standards, or other conditions that define the nature of applications that will be accepted.
(3) "Grant review subcommittee" means a subcommittee established by the council that, together with the state library, will formulate grant criteria consistent with the purpose of the Montana Land Information Act, and review grant applications.
(4) "Land information plan subcommittee" means a subcommittee established by the council that, together with the state library, will formulate land information plans.
(5) "Montana spatial data infrastructure" or "MSDI" means digitally formatted land information that is identified by the council as necessary to meet the land information needs of the state of Montana and its citizens. The MSDI can and does include data themes identified in the National Spatial Data Infrastructure and where collaborative opportunities exist, presents an opportunity to support framework data for the nation.
(6) "State agency" means any entity of the executive branch, including the university system as defined in 2-15-102, MCA.
(7) "Statement of work" means a description of scope of a project including any background statements, a comprehensive listing of responsibilities for buyers and sellers, deliverables and their schedules, acceptance criteria, and special terms and conditions of performance.
(8) "Theme stewards" means those agencies or organizations recognized by the council as having responsibility for promoting land information that is considered part of the Montana spatial data infrastructure.