(1) The computer science algorithms and programming standards for second grade are:
(a) model daily processes by creating and following sets of step-by-step instructions to complete tasks;
(b) model the way programs store and manipulate data by using numbers or other symbols to represent information;
(c) develop programs with sequences and simple loops to express ideas or address a problem; and
(d) break down the steps needed to solve a problem into a precise sequence of instructions.
(2) Computer science computing systems standards for second grade are:
(a) select and operate appropriate tools to perform a variety of tasks;
(b) use appropriate terminology in identifying and describing the function of common hardware and software; and
(c) describe basic hardware and software problems using accurate terminology.
(3) Computer science data and analysis standards for second grade are:
(a) collect and present the data in various visual formats;
(b) define data as gathered and stored information; and
(c) identify and describe patterns in data visualizations, such as charts or graphs, to make predictions.
(4) Computer science impacts of computing standards for second grade are:
(a) identify how computing technology has changed how people live and work;
(b) work respectfully and responsibly online; and
(c) keep login information private and log off devices appropriately.
(5) Computer science networks and the internet standards for second grade are:
(a) explain what passwords are and why they are used; and
(b) recognize that computing devices and the internet enable people to connect with other people, places, information, and ideas.