(1) A Class 6 specialist license is valid for a period of five years.
(2) Class 6 specialist licenses may be issued with the following endorsements:
(a) school psychologist; or
(b) school counselor.
(3) Applicants for an initial Montana Class 6 license with a degree more than five years old and who do not have current out-of-state licensure must have earned six graduate semester credits from a regionally accredited college or university within the five-year period preceding the effective date of the license. For the purposes of this provision, current licensure does not include provisional, restricted, or lifetime licenses.
(4) A Class 6 specialist license may also be endorsed in traffic education if the licensee meets the requirements of ARM 10.13.310 and is approved by the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
(5) Class 6 specialist licenses may be renewed pursuant to the requirements of ARM 10.57.215.
(6) A lapsed Class 6 specialist license may be reinstated by showing verification of 60 renewal units earned during the five-year period preceding the date of application for the new license.