(1) The department has identified the following bodies of water as invasive species management areas because they are infested with confirmed or suspected aquatic invasive mussels:
(a) Tiber Reservoir (Lake Elwell).
(2) The department has determined the following quarantine measures are necessary to prevent further spread of the species from these bodies of water:
(a) all vessels and equipment launched or having otherwise entered the water bodies listed in (1) must be inspected and, if directed by the department, decontaminated at a department decontamination station as required in ARM 12.5.706 prior to leaving the water body. The following are exempt:
(i) vessels approved by the department for local travel only (vessels approaching a department inspection station must still stop as directed pursuant to ARM 12.5.706);
(ii) emergency response vehicles and equipment engaged in emergency response activities.
(b) when an approved or decontaminated vessel leaves the water bodies listed in (1), all aquatic bait and fish must be transported without water.
(3) Any rules or regulations for boat ramps or boat launching on the water bodies listed in (1) operated by the Bureau of Reclamation are considered rules adopted pursuant to the authority of the department for enforcement of these sites.
(4) Upon inspection and/or decontamination, proof of compliance on any requirements will be provided and must be shown upon request.
(5) Violation of this rule is subject to penalty under 80-7-1014, MCA.